Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Welcome to the World!!

May 5, 2010

Dear Haley,

Welcome to the world. My first niece, my favorite niece. You are stunning, just like your mom.

You are so lucky, my little ball of sunshine, and you don’t even know it (you’re too young to know just yet). One day soon, you’ll realize just how many people adore you. I can’t even count on your little fingers or toes how many of us would line up to be there for you. All day I’ve been calling you My Little Angel. I’m not sure why, but it feels right.

I’m lucky,too. You transformed Jason and me into Uncle Jason and Aunt Stacy for the first time. It looks funny to even type out. I’m Aunt Stacy. Weird, but in a wonderfully exciting way. Life goes by so quickly…wasn’t I just YOUR AGE?? Advice for day 1: Smile. People are going to take a ton of photos of your cute little body and gorgeous face, just let them. You’ll miss it when the camera stops. Also, when you’re sleeping at night, dream about all the love that stretches from the Midwest. It’s there, you’ll feel it if you let yourself.

I can’t wait to meet you, I love you more than you’ll ever know, my little angel,

Aunt Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment