Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Forgive Yourself

Dear Haley,

If you love yourself, you'll challenge yourself. You'll dream for yourself, set expectations and even hope to exceed them. This is all well and good, so long as you can accept defeat, even failure - you must always know how to forgive yourself.

I often believe that I have this one down, but then, when I least expect it, I find myself at war with myself when an internal conflict is the very last thing that I need. In fact, when attempting to overcome obstacles, there is no greater obstacle than the one that you will create for yourself. Why? Because the only one who can make anything happen is you. You, Haley, are in charge of your incredible destiny. Believe it - it's yours to create.

I have a vision, but I continually fall short. I was angry at myself. Truly mad. But Haley, to be angry at myself is to put all odds against me. To forgive for imperfections is to knock that barrier down while paving a path to success for myself. To fail at forgiveness is true failure. One who does not know how to forgive is one who never moves forward.

It's great to dream. Sometimes with failure comes growth, too.

But only if you know how to forgive yourself. Tonight I'm reminded to do so in order to achieve happiness once again. I want to try again. I have to believe in myself again.

Haley, today's lesson is this: Forgive yourself always, arms yourself with lessons from mistakes you make and seize each failure as moment of opportunity.

I can’t wait to meet you, I love you more than you’ll ever know, my little angel,
Aunt Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment